We are a young startup looking for an experienced WordPress / PHP developer to build a C2C bartering marketplace.
We intend to use an existing WordPress Theme (AdForest, ClassiAds or similar). This theme needs to be heavily customized as most of these themes are made to facilitate monetary transactions, which in our case will have to be taken out as there won’t be any monetary transactions happening between users on our platform. The business model will be one where users need to subscribe in order to be able to post a listing. In essence, all our users are both buyers and sellers.
Please have a look at the themes we intend on using:
– AdForest https://preview.themeforest.net/item/adforest-classified-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/19481695
– ClassiAds https://preview.themeforest.net/item/classiads-classified-ads-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/8625840
While we intend on using one of these themes, it is not set in stone, we are open to suggestions from your end.
Some of the features we need implemented (note that most of these features come with the themes mentioned above):
– Extensive CMS
– Ability to browse listings
– Sort listings by location, date posted, condition (used/new), user rating etc.
– Search by location, category, item name etc.
– Show listings near your location (preferably on a map)
– Instant messaging between users
– User rating system (user marks item as ‘sold’, gets a list of users (buyers) he interacted with, provides a rating, the ‘buyer’ then gets a notification asking to confirm this transaction and provide a rating as well)
– User verification (email, sms, social profiles etc.)
– Referral system
– Coupon codes / Free trial periods for new users (supported by the themes mentioned)
Nice to haves:
– Gamify the experience (e.g. earn points based on number of successful transactions, number of listings, engagement, pageviews etc.)
– Ability to show previous trades on users profile page (with ratings)
This will be an MVP with more features to be added later on. We want to optimize the website for speed and ease of use. There will be a strong focus on having the ability to scale the infrastructure to accommodate a (very) large number of users in the near future.
Wireframes will be provided from our end. Please see the file attached to get an understanding of our initial page element setup.
The process of selecting a candidate will be as follows:
– Initial screening of your profile and suitability
– Assessing your offer and realistic forecast on budget needed
– 30 minute initial interview via Zoom/Teams with our team leadership
If selected we are hoping to establish a long-term relationship.
Hourly Range: $10.00-$25.00
Posted On: February 18, 2022 14:05 UTC
Category: Full Stack Development
Country: Czech Republic
click to apply