This Job post will start small but may grow into an ongoing contract.
There is an existing codebase that needs your help!
The project is developed using unorthodox approaches to website development, so if you’re a Developer capable of working and thinking outside of the box, please consider submitting a proposal.
The project is made up of two components:
First, there is a WordPress website using Woocommerce for eCommerce aspects, and Elementor for page building.
Jet Engine is used in this WordPress website to pull data from a Third-Party API and expose said data properties to Elementor to be used to build a dynamic UI.
Second, there is a Serverless Node.js API that proxies the Sabre GDS API, pulling hotels and other related data to be delivered to the WordPress instance.
The project WordPress theme and Proxy API development has already started, however, we’re looking for an Expert Full-Stack Developer to carry on this development and take this project to the Finish Line.
No UI development in Elementor will be required for this project. This project is exclusively for Software Engineers capable of extending WordPress and developing custom APIs.
More information will be provided to the Candidate that is hired.
Qualities we’re looking for are:
– Being able to review raw source code and reason how the application works
– Being able to produce amazing outcomes given restricted parameters
– Being able to provide solutions to technical problems
– Autonomy/Independence when errors are being experienced
– Can ask questions when blocked, and can use that information to overcome obstacles in the future.
– Has team environment experience.
– Can guide and support other engineers when they’re blocked or have issues.
Experience in Technologies such as:
– XML/JSON API usage
Would be nice if you also had experience with:
– Sabre GDS API
– Serverless Framework — serverless.com
– AWS Cloud
– AWS Lambda / API Gateway
Hourly Range: $20.00-$65.00
Posted On: April 18, 2022 05:13 UTC
Category: Full Stack Development
click to apply