We are looking for a full stack developer for the website development, which has a sufficient experience working on PHP, preferably CakePHP, and has a slight amount of designing skills.
1) We had a graphics designer who has already designed a homepage template for how the new website should look. The developer should implement the style and format of the template design and implement it on other pages of our website and develop a fully functional website. Overall, this is more of a cosmetic update and in our opinion, it doesn’t require much new functionality. We want to upgrade the look-and-feel of our website;
2) Designing and implementing the new pages that we don’t have on our existing website. However, in our opinion these pages won’t have a lot of functionalities. We have the PPT file prepared to show you all pages and features of the website. We are going share this PPT file with you.
3) Updating the system to CakePHP 4.2 (or equivalent) running on PHP 8 or later. Currently, we have CakePHP v. 2.7.2 running on PHP 5. The developer can also use software other than CakePHP, but we need to know in advance what software will the developer use.;
4) Ensure the upgraded website is full functional with no bugs;
5) Ensure to transfer the site from the staging server to our hosting server once it is ready to go live.
6) We are not going to provide the staging server, the developer should set up a staging server;
7) Making a backup of the existing site to avoid future issues;
8) Ensuring compatibility and visual performance cross devices (mobile, tablet, etc); The website should be fully responsive and mobile friendly;
9) Ensuring the site is SEO and pages / tags are correctly implemented;
10) Ensuring any analytics code (Google Analytics, etc) is correctly implemented for cookies / tracking;
Terms and Conditions
1) Milestone payments – We are going to pay fees in several milestones based on the pre-defined phases of work completed. Our idea is roughly to pay a fixed amount weekly, like this:
• Milestone I – 20% of the total amount will be paid after 1 week. During this 1 week, the developer should set up a staging server and demonstrate a working home page and show progress towards to goals.
• Milestone II – 30% of the total amount will be paid after a further 1 week. During this week the developer should demonstrate further progress.
• Milestone III – 30% of the total amount will be paid after a further 1 week. During this week the developer should demonstrate further progress with the site (both front end and back end) near completion.
• Milestone IV – 20% of the total amount will be paid in the last 1 week when the website is fully developed and tested and operational.
2) The developer shall also be responsible for transferring the site from the staging server to our hosting server once it is ready to go live.
3) Guarantee – The project should be delivered without bugs and any issues. All functions should work seamlessly. The developer should give us 12-month guarantee to fix any issues / bugs that are discovered post completion;
4) The developer should give as 3 months free maintenance service after the project is delivered;
5) Working hours – The developer should work full time (8 hours a day) on the project.
6) During the project we should have an unlimited feedback opportunity;
7) The agreed price will be final and the developer will not ask for additional payments to complete the project.
• Price – to be determined by likely in the range of $1,500- $2,000 for all of the work explained above
• Deadline for the project – max. 1 month for all of the work explained above
We expect you to submit an offer after you review the PPT and other files I am going to share with you, and inform us if you plan to 1) work in the different framework (e.g. Lavarel) or 2) upgrade the current CakePHP framework.
Thank you very much and we are looking forward to work with you.
Posted On: March 23, 2022 13:05 UTC
Category: Full Stack Development
Skills:CakePHP, Website Optimization, Web Development, PHP, Web Design, SEO
Country: United Kingdom
click to apply