We’re looking for a creative Front-end Developer to support our growing design and development studio across a number of projects. We’re a small team that aims to create beautiful brands and easy-to-manage websites for a variety of clients.
We’re open to either freelance or full-time.
### What will you be doing?
– Creating beautifully crafted websites, mostly using WordPress, for a variety of national and international brands
– Collaborating with both designers and developers – translating design files into responsive, mobile-first, cross-browser compatible websites
– Working to deadlines, you will take responsibility for delivering high-quality projects, collaborating with other team members
### What skills and experience do you need?
– Experience with WordPress, specifically Gutenberg + Advanced Custom Fields
– Modern CSS, ie custom properties – we’ve recently enjoyed using [open-props](https://open-props.style/)
– Animation framework ie. [GSAP](https://greensock.com/gsap/) for subtle UI enhancements
– Strong design sense — know what looks good
– Entrepreneurial — you’re always thinking of ways to improve things and then taking responsibility for delivering them
– Collaborative — you’re independent but also know how to work with others to get the best outcomes
– Communication — excellent written and oral communication skills
– Good awareness of A11y, SEO, site performance and design best practices
– [Roots](https://roots.io/) – especially familiarity with [Sage](https://roots.io/sage/) theme development
– We use [ACF Blocks](https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/blocks/) via [ACF Composer](https://github.com/Log1x/acf-composer) extensively but are interested in transitioning to native Gutenberg as it becomes more stable, so experience with native Gutenberg / ACF Composer is highly valued
– Value data + privacy — good understanding of the importance and value of data and awareness of security/privacy considerations
– Experience using Trello, GitHub and Slack
– Experience with WooCommerce and Payment Gateways
– Familiar with Agile/Kanban development processes
– Tidy code (we use linters + auto-formatting so less manual intervention is needed these days)
– Version control — we use GitHub
Hourly Range: $50.00-$80.00
Posted On: April 19, 2022 11:09 UTC
Category: Front-End Development
Country: United Kingdom
click to apply